Pinto Colvig, born Vance DeBar Colvig, August 11, 1892 in Jacksonville, OR, was one of seven children of William Mason Colvig (1845 - 1936) and Adelaide Birdseye Colvig (1856 - 1912). Colvig was the original Bozo the Clown. He graduated from Oregon Agricultural College (later Oregon State University) in 1911 at the age of 18. Colvig was an entertainer. In 1913, he worked the Pantages Vaudeville Circuit and in 1914 was a staff writer and cartoonist in Reno, NV and later in Carson City, NV. He joined the Al. B. Burns circus and wrote the Life on the Radio Wave comic series in 1915. After marrying Margaret Bourke Slavin (1892 - 1950) in 1916, he lived in San Francisco where four of their five sons were born. The fifth son was born in Los Angeles. In San Francisco, Colvig worked with Byington Ford and Benjamin Thackston Knight at the Animated Film Corp. a company which produced animated cartoons long before Walt Disney. In 1919, he formed Pinto's Prizma Comedy review. Finally in 1930, Colvig signed a contract with Walt Disney where he is best known as the original voice of Disney's Goofy and the original Bozo the Clown, a part he played for a full decade beginning in 1946. He is also the second known voice of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Other notable characters he voiced include Practical Pig, the pig who built the "house of bricks in the Disney short "Three Little Pigs" as well as both Sleepy and Grumpy in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and the barks for Pluto the dog. Colvig worked not only for the Disney studio but also Warner Bros. animation studio, Fleischer Studios, and MGM where he voiced a Munchkin in The Wizard of Oz. He helped in the Looney Tunes 1942 cartoon, "Conrad the Sailor". A lifelong smoker who died of lung cancer on October 3, 1967, at age 75, Colvig was one of the pioneers in advocating warning labels about cancer risk on cigarette packages in the United States. He was interred at Holy Cross Cemetery in Woodland Hills, CA. Colvig was the father of the Hollywood character actor Vance Colvig who died on March 3, 1991.